On Thursday 30 September 2010, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> Hi folks,
>

> I've got some RHEL instance on an z/VM (s390) and like to get
> Gentoo running in chroot. Did anyone already do that ?
> Or any HOWTO ?

Me, some time ago. :) Have a look at
http://www.binro.org/gentoo-2008.6-s390x-unofficial.tar.bz2

Unpack it and follow the README. If you already have a RHEL image running it's
much easier because you do not need the starter system: just format new DASD,
unpack the stage 3 onto them and chroot.

Have fun!
-Robin
Robin Atwood.

         from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling