Il giorno sab, 02/10/2010 alle 19.51 +0800, William Kenworthy ha
scritto:
> What are the implications of adding this "snippet" - will it come back
> to bite us (users) when the next version of portage comes along?

No, it'll waste a bit of time if it's not removed because the same logic
is running twice (once from lafilefixer, once from Portage), but they
won't conflict one wit the other, that I can assure you of.

> - none of my systems have a /etc/portage/bashrc so Ive created them,
> but
> should they be executable, have a hash-bang line, ... ?

No need for anything, they are sourced so they can be non-executable and
they don't need hash-bangs.

> - will this snippet fix the problems with "equery check" marking
> libraries as broken after lafilefixer is run? (I presume an emerge -e
> world will be needed to update the database ...)

The new installed packages with the above post_src_unpack won't cause
any vdb-related issues because the files are fixed _before_ the merge to
live filesystem and thus the modified file's md5 and mtime will be saved
in it.

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/

If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/