On 10/06/2010 03:17 PM, Grant wrote:

The server is remote and hosted so I don't have any control over the
router or network.  I've gone back and forth with the host but they
insist that everything is fine on their end.

Hi Grant.  I know less than you about networking, but I am curious
about the way you use the word 'host'.

I'm guessing that you are paying a third party (maybe some company
similar to rackspace.com) to serve your (two?) websites on their
hardware?

I'm also guessing that the third party is running apache on their
own servers, right?

These are newbie questions, but I'm hoping to focus our thoughts
on the parts of your questions that seem sorta vague to me.

I'm also hoping to learn something along the way, of course :)