fre 2010-10-15 klockan 11:29 -0600 skrev Mike Diehl:
> Hi all.
>
> I've never had this much trouble with a server before, but I've been pulling
> my hair out.
>
> The install seemed to go well, but when I rebooted it from it's own hard
> drive, it fails.  fsck claims that it can't open /dev/sda3 or that the
> superblock doesn't describe a valid ext2 filesystem.
>
> However, when I reboot from the live CD, it mounts just fine and fsck says
> it's clean.
>
> Here is the /etc/fstab:
> /dev/sda1       /boot           ext2            noauto,noatime  1 2
> /dev/sda3       /               ext2            noatime         0 1
> /dev/sda2       none            swap            sw              0 0
> /dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom      auto            noauto,ro       0 0
> shm                     /dev/shm        tmpfs   nodev,nosuid,noexec     0 0
>
> Here is the /boot/grub/grub.conf file:
> default 0
> timeout 30
> splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
>
> title Gentoo Linux
> root (hd0,0)
> kernel /bzImage root=/dev/sda3
>
> I've verified that ext2 and ext3 are in the kernel statically.  I've also
> compiled in ALL of the SATA drivers, statically.
>
> What am I missing?

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem when I did a reinstall, I used the kernel
".config" I got from the live CD (zcat /proc/config.gz > .config) as a
base when configuring the kernel. I solved it by not using that and
instead start from scratch without an initial ".config". I guess that
there were some options that was conflicting.

  BR / P-E