Allan Gottlieb wrote:
Alan McKinnon<alan.mckin...@gmail.com>  writes:

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you :-)

Or in this case, it doesn't mean it's not justified. I now have buildpkg
enabled for @system - everything else I can re-run emerge to fix.
Does this mean for portage -2.1.9.22 you advocate
FEATURES="buildsyspkg"
in make.conf?

If so is that the correct line or do we need
FEATURES="buildsyspkg sandbox"

I find the man page wording a little unclear and its warning about an
error serious.

thanks
allan

This is mine.

FEATURES=" buildpkg sandbox fixpackages parallel-fetch --keep-going"

It has been that way here for a pretty long while and no problems that I know of. According to the man page, you should have sandbox in there as well. I think Alan was showing what could be added but not all the options that are available and should be there. Then again, Alan knows Gentoo pretty well and may know that he doesn't need sandbox.

Just thought I would share a example that is in use and appears to work.

Dale

:-)  :-)