Hi,

On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 09:30 +0300, Fatih Tümen wrote:

> Looking at above values 494MB does not seem to be enough for
> hibernation. Do you add extra swap or close some apps before
> hibernation?

Tuxonice filewriter :)

$ ls -alh /suspend_file
-rw------- 1 root root 1001M May 17 12:02 /suspend_file

> If your system trying to fill up your swap while you have more than
> 2GB of main memory available, only thing I can think of is your
> swapiness is set very high. You check and alter is as follows

has it changed in recent kernels?  I'm looking for the reason for the
change in behaviour... useful though, thanks :)

>  Seriously take a
> look at your swapiness value. The default value cannot be right every
> particular case.

it's 60.  That seems a little high based on what you told me, but I have
no reference value to compare it to from 2-3 weeks ago.

I'll set it lower and watch...

thanks,

   Calculon: I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8,
   Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!