On Sunday 31 October 2010 16:18:38 Nuno J. Silva wrote:
> Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> writes:
> >>
> >> It is a problem caused by the settings needed for Linux to live with
> >> Windows on the same computer.
> >
> > Is there a fix?  I thought that the setting of CLOCK="local" in
> > /etc/conf.d/clock was to address the problem of having to dual boot with
> > MSWindows.
>
> Maybe this is useful: Some webpages report a registry key which can be
> set so that windows interprets the hardware clock as UTC:
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
> "RealTimeIsUniversal"=dword:00000001
>
> This same page says also:
> > It seems to work most of the "time" for me but 1 or twice a day the
> > clock changes to the timezone offset again. I just have to do a w32tm
> > /resync /nowait to fix it. My suspicion is that the clock applet in
> > the tray is monkeying it up.
>
> So I don't know if this Just Works™.
>
> http://weblogs.asp.net/dfindley/archive/2006/06/20/Set-hardware-clock-to-UT
> C-on-Windows-_2800_or-how-to-make-the-clock-work-on-a-Mac-Book-Pro_2900_.as
> px

Thanks for this!

I added the DWORD value above in my MSWindows 7 registry rebooted and nothing
seems to have broken (yet).

Then I booted into Gentoo, changed CLOCK from "local" to "UTC" and it all
seems to work fine so far.  I'll let you know how things work out in 6 months
time!  Ha!
--
Regards,
Mick