On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 17:41, James <j...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> It seems that the LDAP is failing to work, as well, in CentOS 5 --
> same ldap.conf file that (a) fails in Gentoo, and (b) works in Ubuntu.
>
> What's the best way to star troubleshooting this from a PAM perspective?
>
> I have a debug line set at the bottom of the ldap.conf file, but that
> doesn't seem to be giving me enough information. Also, I've set
> 'debug' at the end of every line in my /etc/pam.d/system-auth file, to
> no avail. Nothing is showing up in /var/log/debug -- PAM indicates
> that the 'debug' keyword sends messages to syslog for processing.

adding the debug keyword to the pam module doesn't do anything but in ldap.conf:
logdir <directory>
    Specifies the directory used for logging by the LDAP client
library. This feature is not supported by all client libraries.
debug <level>
    Specifies the debug level used for logging by the LDAP client
library. This feature is not supported by all client libraries, and
does not apply to the nss_ldap and pam_ldap modules themselves
(debugging, if any, is configured separately and usually at compile
time).

Ward