On Saturday 13 November 2010, Grant wrote:
> I don't need encouragement, I need advice. :)

In the end it isn't a technical problem, it is a question of trust.

> > The questions are:
> >
> >  1) The relative sizes of the problems?
>
> No problems really.  It's just kind of a never-ending project that
> could go in many directions.  The more coders working on the project
> the more directions can be explored.
>
> >  2) How much your time is worth?
>
> Even if I spend 80 hours a week coding, the rate at which I code will
> be the project's limiting factor.  I'd love to fix the bottleneck and
> make the limiting factor the number of coders I can hire.

So your project would definitely benefit if you hire someone else.

> >  3) Do you prefer spec-writing and project management or writing
> > code?
>
> If the choice is between 1 hour coding and 1 hour writing and
> managing in order to accomplish 1 hour of coding, I'll code.

If it's 1:1 either your ability to make yourself clear or the coder's
proficiency, or both, are incomplete.

You should try to give a little part of the project, a portion that
doesn't require the knowledge of the entire code.
Work with just one or two developer and see.
You have to build trust. You'll have to trust them and believe that your
project will benefit, they'll have to trust in you.

HTH
        Francesco
--
Linux Version 2.6.36-gentoo-r1, Compiled #3 SMP PREEMPT Sat Nov 13
23:34:14 CET 2010