Hi all,

Haven't had much luck finding this info:

If I reboot this machine and start KDE, Nepomuk starts a rather long-lived
index of my home directory. It takes up about 30-40% cpu and lasts as much as
15 minutes sometimes. This is annoying because after a reboot I usually want
to catch up on mail, rss feeds and fire up VirtualBox. So nepomuk is just
wasting my time at this point.

How does nepomuk know when to do it's thing, how can I tweak what it does and
how can I discover why it feels it necessary to reindex my entire maildir when
surely it has a perfectly valid index already from just before I shut down?

Strigi is also enabled if that's relevant to the question.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com