On 07/22/2010 03:14 PM, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:56:50 +0200 Andrea Momesso
> <momesso.and...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> That's impossible, isn't it?
>>
>> Swithcing profile and reemerging everithing isn't gonna work? Even from a
>> chroot?
>>
>> Should I reinstall a new stage from scratch? Adobe stopped providing
>> flash for linux 64 bit, and I some of the sites I need to visit for work
>> need it. Mantaining a chroot is not worth the effort, so I really want to
>> switch.
>
> The only time I had to do that I followed these instructions:
>
> http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/HOWTO_AMD_64#Howto_switch_to_multilib
>
> and it did work just fine (I'm writing from that computer now).
>
> ************ WARNING WARNING WARNING ************************
>
> Take backups, consider that it might not work for you, etc.

Hello,

I've been using the no-multilib profiloe for sometime now and it's been
excellent. Until now that I have to use virtualbox and I am not able to
unmask it since I am in a no-multilib profile.

Has there been any change in a "safe" move from no-multilib to multilib?
Is the wiki info above the only thing to rely on? Alternatively, what
other options would I have?

Thanks for inputs.

--
Valmor