Adam Carter writes:

>     Hmm, I don't get it. Why would this .ssh/config not work?
>
>     Host gateway
>            Hostname     gateway.example.com <http://gateway.example.com>
>            User         alan
>            LocalForward 1111 cvs.example.com:22 <http://cvs.example.com:22>
>
>     Host cvs
>            Hostname     localhost
>            Port         1111
>            User         alan
>
>     You log in at gateway first, and during that session you can access the
>     CVS server with 'ssh cvs', or use CVS via CVSROOT=:ext:cvs:/var/cvs.
>     Can't you?
>

> You missed Alan's point - the ssh forwarding works, but cvs doesnt
> appear to support using a non-standard destination port.

Right, cvs doesn't support a port settings, as it it just uses ssh. And
ssh respects the .config, so it will use port 1111 when connecting to
host 'cvs', whether this is being done directly with the ssh command, or
by using CVS. My SSH server also runs on a non-standart port, but CVS
works fine for me. Although I can reach the server directly, without the
need to create a tunnel first.

        Wonko