Am 05.12.2010 15:55, schrieb Florian Philipp:
> Am 04.12.2010 22:00, schrieb Mark Knecht:

>> If you're up for it maybe try putting doing a Gentoo Wiki page.
>>
>> Sounds like it's working pretty well. I'd like to try it but I don't
>> have much time to focus on digging out the info.

> As you wish:
> http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Improve_responsiveness_with_cgroups
>
> I welcome any improvements. This is my first wiki article and English is
> not my mother tongue.

Hmm, I just noticed that something is not right here: Everything works
fine as long as I limit the cgroups to cpu scheduling (`mount -t cgroup
cgroup /dev/cgroup -o cpu`). As soon as I add the blkio subsystem for
disk I/O scheduling ("-o cpu,blkio" or no "-o" at all), I can no longer
create cgroup hierarchies. Only the top level "user" cgroup is accepted.

Another issue is that the kernel documentation in
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/cgroups/cgroups.txt specifies that the
release_agent can also be included as a mount option with
`mount -t cgroup cgroup /dev/cgroup -o
cpu,release_agent='/usr/local/sbin/cgroup_clean'`
That seems to be no valid option, though. At least on my system it
causes mount to fail. Unfortunately there is no output on dmesg.

Can someone else reproduce this? I'm on gentoo-sources-2.6.34-r12.

Thanks in advance!
Florian Philipp