On 12/09/2010 05:31 AM, Adam Carter wrote:

        Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad": libgnomebreakpad.so:

    I'm still trying to find out who is looking for that library.  The new
    version of bug-buddy no longer supplies that library, and when you run
    bug-buddy from a command line it prints that error

So..... bug-buddy is reporting that a library is missing that it used to
supply? Doesnt sound right

Indeed, it wasn't right -- all gnome apps cause the same error message.

There is a gconf setting (presumably obsolete now) that asks
gnome-settings-daemon
to load the 'gnomebreakpad' module to handle crash reports.  Unchecking that
box in
the gconf-editor silences the error message.

GConf is scheduled to be replaced with some other gizmo in gnome-3.0 anyway. If
gnome-3.0 turns out anything like kde-4.0 I'll be deleting it very quickly.