On Sunday 12 December 2010 06:25:21 meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I want to read the fan speed and want to control it with gentoo.
>
> My motherboard is a ASUS Crosshair IV Formula.
>
> lm_sensors does not report any relevant sensor.
>
> Does anyone got this working on this or an equivalent board with 890FX
> chipset?
>
> Thank you very much in advance for any help!
> Best regards
> mcc

build all sensor drivers AND all transport as modules
run sensors-detect
edit lm_sensors conf in /etc/conf
rc-update add lm_sensors default
pwmconfig
lots of stuff
rc-update add fancontrol default.

There are some problems with asus boards. They need some acpi support - and if
they can do the fancontrol you have to deactivate that in the bios (google!).

I used fancontrol with all my asrock boards.
With my Asus board I am using the bios control, because it works pretty well.
And always. And for all three fans connected. Even the ones connected with
3pin connectors.