meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:

Another thing, Dale:
Try to activate the settings menu of the monitor in question when it
is attached (nonworking) to the PC.

If you can see the menu: The monitor does not hang.

When in the menu try to figure out, whether the monitor thinks it
is receiving a signal. If not: cable defect or graphics card not
seeing the monitor (due to a cable defect: sense pin for example).

May be the monitor simply does not came out of its standby/sleep mode
??

Fingers crossed...

mcc

The monitor won't let me access the settings when I push the button.. It has the little wheel looking thing. I did while I had switched it while the system was already powered on, there is not anything I can find to change. It has brightness, contrast and such as that but nothing related to the computer part. I guess this is sort of a dumb monitor.

This is really weird.

Dale

:-)  :-)