On 12/17/2010 12:31 PM, Dale wrote:
Hi,

I bought this router the other day. I notice something that is a little weird.
When I first wake up and try to check my email, the internet is dead. The light
on my DSL modem is red and Seamonkey can't check my email or load a webpage. If
I unplug the
router then plug it back up, it works fine. It seems that after a while the
router cuts off the internet for some reason.

I need the internet to stay alive even when I am asleep. I run folding and it
sends data without asking me and some other stuff is running as well. I have
looked in the settings of the router but I don't see anything that will change
this. Am I missing
something? Is this normal? I used a router once before and I don't remember
this being a issue.

I also updated the firmware and it still does it. Feature? Wrong setting?
Router broke?

I've had experience with only two DSL routers, but they both have a settable
timer which shuts down the connection after N minutes of inactivity.  I'm
guessing that yours has a similar adjustment, but dunno for sure.