Hi Frank,

Frank Steinmetzger wrote:

> Hi list
>
> A few months back I switched to Debian (due to hardware problems) and came
> back a few weeks ago. But ever since I came back, my terminus font in
> KDE’s Konsole looks different and I don’t know why. It seems I have
> installed a different variant (it has more space between letters and the
> glyphs have more elaborate shapes).
>
> Please see the attached screenshot. On the left is the font as it looks
> right now in Konsole, and on the right is how it looked both on Debian and
> on my old Gentoo system (it’s actually the same shape as the console font
> which is used on the TTYs). Both screenshots show the same font size (7pt
> at ~120 dpi).
>
> Any idea how I can get the old shape back? I already tried different
> combinations of useflags for terminus-font, but to no avail.

Actually I had the same problem and it was caused by an incompatibility
between newer qt version with different font handling and konsole 4.4.x.
Unfortunately I cannot remember what I did to solve it in the end, but I
have my terminus font back in konsole. So there is hope ;-)

What fonts do you have selected? Look at
eselect fontconfig list

- Jörg