Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
I just ran "emerge -p --depclean" and the only thing it wants to remove is
gentoo-sources-2.6.35-r12.  So my system's pretty clean, but I'm quite
puzzled with this result.
I have 5 versions of gentoo-sources installed, and the one it wants to ditch is the one I'm actually using. I can understand why it wouldn't care about
that, but why not:
   2.6.31-r10 which is no longer in the tree
   any of the others, which are marked in exactly the same way as the
      victim it picked?  Some are older, and some are newer than this
      victim.  What gives?
I'm just wondering about how --depclean picked on this one of the five?

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

Did you emerge them by the exact version at some point? If you emerge the kernel and specify the version, it is recorded in the world file along with the version and --depclean will not remove it since it is specifically listed. I have done this in the past to keep the current running kernel installed and --depclean not wanting to remove it.

Dale

:-)  :-)