Joseph could you direct me toward a how to on how to set that up, please.

Raphael have you gone through
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/security/index.xml it has some good
points and worth going through and ticking off each one.

Cheers
Rav

On 8/3/05, Joseph <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 23:50 +0000, Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales
> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> >    I was wondering what tools should I use to detect security flaws to
> > my server and a few tips on how to use them. What are the most common
> > forms of attack and how do I avoid being attacked by one of them?
> >
> >    The services avaliable are only Apache - SSL and SSH. I've
> > installed an firewall, iptables and firestarter to control it, and
> > blocked all ports except 443 and 8080, where the SSH is listening.
> > Apache has PHP installed as a module.
> >
> > Thanks for the attention,
> >
> > Raphael.
>
> I have port knocking installed on firewall, to further protect any SSH
> attacks.
> So port 22 is closed (in stealth mode) and only opens if it received the
> right knock sequence, moreover it is only opened to an IP address from
> which received successful knock sequence; all others see this port as
> closed (in stealth mode).
>
> --
> #Joseph
> --

"When you play a Microsoft CD backwards you can hear demonic Voices...
that's nothing - when you play it forward it installs Windows"
Are you fearing my mouse? <:3___)~~~~