On Thursday 13 January 2011 01:02:30 Alan McKinnon wrote:
> Apparently, though unproven, at 02:35 on Thursday 13 January 2011,
> Peter Humphrey did opine thusly:
> > On Wednesday 12 January 2011 23:22:12 Jacob Todd wrote:
> > > That makes perfect fucking sense.
> >
> > Would you please not use gratuitously offensive language on this
> > list? Thank you.
>
> I disagree.

Then you're wrong. Perhaps you've been watching too many American films.

> There's nothing gratuitous about it.
> It's perfectly suited for the purpose, in this particular case.

No it is not: there's no need for it. it adds nothing useful, and it
makes one wince. The sense would not have been changed by omitting it.

It's another sign of the progress towards the dogs of this society we're
subjected to. I expected better of you.

--
Rgds
Peter.