Hi Daniel,

Daniel Pielmeier <bil...@gentoo.org> [11-01-17 17:03]:
> 2011/1/17  <meino.cra...@gmx.de>:
> > I am running a vanilla linux kernel version 2.6.37 .
> >
> > Furthermore in
> >
> >    /lib/firmware
> >
> > there is a folder called
> >
> >    av7110
> >
> > which I think contains the firmware for that card.
>
> I don't think this card needs a firmware. You just enabled to much dvb
> related stuff in your kernel configuration which results in the
> creation of this folder. I need the av7110 stuff here for my FF DVB-S
> card.
>
> What problem do you have with this card, normally dmesg should spit
> something out if there is firmware missing.

The problem is, that the channel selection does not work in a proper
way:

Suppose you have the channels:
A B C D E F G
*

* => currently selected channel

Now (in vlc) you press N for "next". "B" gets selected. "N"...nothing
happens. "N" .... "D" gets selected. "P" (previous) ... "C" gets
selected. Sometimes you have to go even three steps forward and two
backward to get a certain channel selected.
A few channel sometime are not selectable at all....

Same with mplayer...so it is not the player itsself...

What can I do?

Any help is very appreciated !:)

Best regards,
mcc