Apparently, though unproven, at 16:26 on Sunday 30 January 2011, Allan
Gottlieb did opine thusly:

> On Sun, Jan 30 2011, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > Happy news:
> >
> > Upgrading to KDE-4.6.0 fixed all the annoying issues below.
>
> Does this mean you are now running you nvidia graphics using the nouveau
> driver?  That is, not just testing nouveau, but using it essentially all
> the time.

No, I still use nvidia drivers for day to day work. I install and check out
nouveau every now and again.

Soryr. I should have re-read my mail and been more clear. The main issue I had
with nvidia was that desktop effects raised the load and made the laptop run
hot especially with blur effect. 4.6.0 fixed that and lets the machine perform
acceptably.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com