On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 09:31:48PM +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote
> On 02/05/2011 08:00 PM, Mick wrote:
> >
> > Just try video=1024x768 (or whatever your desired resolution is)
> > on the kernel line and it should just work.
>
> Unfortunately, it doesn't.

  Actually, it does, "video=640x480" in my case.  The weird part is that
the equivalant "VGA=6" option no longer works, which is what got me to
start this thread in the first place.  I had simply assumed that they
were identical, and if one doesn't work, neither does the other.

  Note that this is just for text consoles, X remains at 1920x1200 for
me.  Of course, the monitor has to support whatever text console
resolution you ask for.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>