On 02/06/2011 12:08 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:
Can someone recommend a good IDE to write C code in?

1) Something that can display multiple files in a project.

2) Something that have some sort of version control built into it?

3) If possible, I can compile right in the IDE.

I've starting writing something. It's hundreds of lines long in 1 file
and I just messed up a brace somewhere which I haven't been able to
figure out in vi.

I use Qt Creator. Though it's primarily for C++, I also use it for C. I recommend it because it's very easy to use. For version control, it supports Git, Subversion, Mercurial and Perforce.

If you decide to use it and also make use of its own build system (qmake), post about it so I can tell you how to configure a project for plain C, because by default new projects are C++.