On 9. 2. 2011 15:16, Dale wrote:

So looking at the handbook, I was wondering
why it does not describe how to use Disk Labels
during the installation process. Dunno.

Given that some folks on here have ran into USB drives changing the
order of partitions, I think this is a good idea.

The same happened to me when I attached one more sata-drive.
After that those two which used to be /dev/sda and /dev/sdb
suddenly became /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc (and the new one
was now /dev/sda). No matter how I tried to switch cables or
ports, they kept to be detected as 2nd and 3rd sata-drives.

So I agree there should be at least some basic info about
disk-labels in the handbook.

Jarry