On 02/11/2011 06:47 PM, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
walt schrieb am 12.02.2011 00:15:
I've just spent an annoying two days trying to un-break my HP
multifunction printer/fax/scanner, and I hope I can spare some of
you the same trouble.

My symptoms were that I couldn't send a fax using hp-sendfax, which
has been working very well for years -- until now.

After much floundering I finally tried deleting my existing cups
printers and allowing hp-setup to create new ones.  All better now
:)

There may be more than one way to delete cups printers, I dunno, but
I used the cups http interface by typing 'http://localhost:631' in my
firefox URL bar (cupsd must be running for this to work).

 From the hplip ebuild:

elog "You should run hp-setup as root if you are installing hplip for
the first time,"
elog "and may also need to run it if you are upgrading from an earlier
version."

Yes, I saw that, and I *did* re-run hp-setup.  But I didn't delete the
existing cups printers, thinking it wouldn't be necessary.  But it was :/