On Sunday 13 Feb 2011 05:15:35 AM Walter Dnes wrote:
>   Has anybody gotten an internal microphone on any Acer laptop working?
> My Google searches have found a couple of references to "it works out of
> the box" under some versions of Ubuntu, but no technical details, which
> doesn't really help.  Here are a few snippets from alsa-info...

did you add alsasound to the boot process?

i went 6 months trying to figure out what was wrong with my microphone until i
realised that i forgot to do that!

also unmute the microphones using alsamixer (in alsa-utils) like Hung
sugested.

--

- Yohan Pereira

"A man can do as he will, but not will as he will" - Schopenhauer