Valmor de Almeida wrote:
On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Nikos Chantziaras<rea...@arcor.de>  wrote:
On 02/19/2011 07:44 PM, Valmor de Almeida wrote:
[...]
I have just updated xorg to 1.9.4 with USE -hal and removed hal in
this order (also needed to remove hal from the default run level).  I
tried startx using the existing xorg.conf and X does not start
correctly, I have no mouse and a frozen screen (no keyboard) with the
arrow cursor placed in the middle of the screen. I also tried to start
X without an xorg.conf; same problem.
Since you removed HAL support, did you enable udev support?
I am not sure how to do this. Is it a matter of adding a USE="udev" in
/etc/make.conf ?
<  SNIP>>
Thanks,

--
Valmor

That's where mine is. Just add it and do a emerge -Na world to see what changes.

Dale

:-)  :-)