On Wednesday 23 February 2011 23:05:50 Stroller wrote:
> On 21/2/2011, at 8:20pm, Mark Knecht wrote:
> >> You didn't say which groovy new laptop's keyboard you are trying to make
> >> light up, so I can only guess that SENSORS_APPLESMC may well do the
> >> trick for you,
> >
> > Ah, if that makes a difference is a Asus G73JW. Assuming I enable that
> > kernel option is there a user space app that will allow my 83 year old
> > gaming mom to turn the lights off and on?
>
> SENSORS_APPLESMC
> SENSORS_APPLE
> APPLE
> Mac
>
> No, I don't think so.

It seems my message didn't make it to the list, but once the Asus declaration
was made by the OP, I suggested differently of course:

I see ... in that case you should try instead enabling:

CONFIG_ASUS_LAPTOP

I think that Fn+F3/F4 adjusts the keyboard backlight.  Look at the help page
in make menuconfig.

HTH.
Regards,
Mick