Mick wrote:
On Thursday 24 February 2011 16:23:31 Dale wrote:
I think there is a thread where I asked the same thing.  When I first
upgraded to KDE4, my monitor would not turn off unless I turned it off
myself.  I set up a script that runs when I login to cut off the
monitor.  I have another script that sets it back when I log out.  I put
it in ~.kde4/Autostart.  It's the same commands I tested manually and it
works fine.

If I recall correctly, KDE was not quite up to speed on controlling the
monitor with DPMS yet.  That was back in the 4.1 days so that may have
changed but given you are having issues with it, maybe it is still
having problems.  This could be due to the hal/udev/polkit switch as
well.  They may be letting all that settle so that they only have to
write the code once.  I would do that if it was me.  ;-)

This is my settings when I am logged in:

xset dpms 3600 3600 3600

I think that is one hour.  I'm pretty sure it is measured in seconds not
minutes.
I would have thought that DPMS is a an xorg function/issue, rather than KDE's.

Things went sideways here when I upgrade xorg-server from 1.9.2 to 1.9.4.

I thought the same thing. Thing is, there are settings in KDE to tell it when to blank, cut off and all that. I just know I couldn't get it to work until I did the things I posted. It didn't make much sense but it works now.

Dale

:-)  :-)