Am 06.03.2011 07:57, schrieb Joost Roeleveld:

Might not be entirely what you're looking for, but when I borrowed a slide
photo-scanner, I also wasn't able to get it to work with Sane.
I did, however, manage to run the scanner from an MS windows onstall under
Virtualbox and passing the USB-slide scanner to that VM.

Slide photo scanners are indeed a common reason for MS Windows in VirtualBox it seems. I have that setup too, because it didn't work in Linux at all, but absolutly great inside of an virtualised Windows XP.

I use Windows XP inside of VirtualBox for approx. 1 year now and so far I never had the need to use a native installed windows. VirtualBox is a alternative that I can absolutly recommend.

Greetings

DarkMetatron