----- Original Message -----From: Alex Schuster Date: Friday, March 11, 2011
8:47 amSubject: Re: [gentoo-user] Logout of Desktop Hangs on LaptopTo:
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org> dhk writes:> > > I have a new laptop with
LXDE and XFCE4 installed for the desktop> > environment.  I boot to run level 3
and then run startx.  When > logging> out of the either desktop it never
returns to the > command prompt,> > there's just a blank screen and I can not
switch to an alternate> > terminal.  However, the Alt-SysRq EISUB does work and
reboots > the system.> > Try Alt-SysRq-R, this should take keyboard control
away from X > so you can > switch to the text terminals.> >      Wonko> >I've
tried Alt-SysRq-R, it doesn't do anything.  Even if it did work, I would still
like to log out normally.