> I'm looking for "the best" filesystem for a small multi-purpose
> server with a couple of services running (ftp, web, mail, mysql).
> For me very important features are:
>
> Now without trying to start flame-war, my question is:
> which of them could be better for my need?
> More stable, more reliable, more efficient, etc.
> Or should I consider some different filesystem?

No easy to answer, jfs and xfs are both good file systems, that's why I
am using both on my server at home.

JFS on my root partition and backup storage space (250.000 files of all
sizes, 900GB) because it uses very little cpu and is very fast. Low cpu
usage was important for me, because my backup space is encrypted with
cryptsetup/LUKS.

On my media storage (recordings, movies, only big files: 500MB to 15GB)
I use xfs because of it's delayed allocation which helps to avoid
fragmentation. With xfs_fsr xfs also brings it's own defragmentation
utility.

Speedwise I would they that they are both at about the same speed, but I
cannot give you exact numbers.
xfs however uses more memory (because of the delayed allocation) and if
your server suddenly loses power you can lose data.

Hope that helps you, greetings from germany

Michael