On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 07:23:13AM +0800, Amankwah wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 06:44:44PM -0400, Michael George wrote:
> > I'm having trouble with mutt opening other applications for various mime
> > types.
> >
> > I'm sure this worked last month, and from what I can see, I had
> > mutt-1.5.20-r18 and firefox-3.6.13.  I now have mutt-1.5.21-r1 and
> > firefox-3.6.15.
> >
> > "mutt -nF /dev/null -Q mailcap_path" gives me:
> >
> > mailcap_path="~/.mailcap:/usr/share/mutt/mailcap:/etc/mutt/mailcap:/etc/mailcap:/usr/etc/mailcap:/usr/local/etc/mailcap"
> >
> > I have nothing for the tag "text/html" in my muttrc file.
> >
> > I have "text/html; firefox %s" in my ~/.mailcap file.
> >
> > I have the following in /etc/mailcap:
> >
> > text/html; /usr/bin/lynx -force_html '%s'; needsterminal;
> > description=HTML Text; nametemplate=%s.html
> > text/html; /usr/bin/lynx -dump -force_html '%s'; copiousoutput;
> > description=HTML Text; nametemplate=%s.html
> >
> > and if I put "auto_view" in my muttrc file, it will try to open the
> > files with lynx.  Yet putting the firefox %s command into /etc/mailcap
> > doesn't open firefox.
> >
> > All the docs I can find seem to indicates that what I have configured
> > should try to open firefox like it used to, but it isn't.  Is there
> > perhaps some type of "connecting package" that needed to be rebuild with
> > firefox for this to work?
> >

> try to using the /usr/bin/firefox in your ~/.mailcap instead?

Thank you for your reply, but that didn't work, either.

However, I tried replacing the second text/html entry from /etc/mailcap
with:
text/html; /usr/bin/firefox %s; copiousoutput; description=HTML Text;
nametemplate=%s.html

and if I had "auto_view text/html" in my .muttrc file, it would open a
firefox tab as soon as I open the mail message.  If I comment that line out,
it won't display the html in a firefox window even when I select that
part of the mail...

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
        Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.