On Thu, March 24, 2011 10:36 am, Pandu Poluan wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 15:32, J. Roeleveld <jo...@antarean.org> wrote:
>>> Hmmm... currently I set xencons=hvc0 (also in /etc/inittab,
>>> s/tty0/hvc0/)
>>>
>>> I'll see what happens if I return them to tty0.
>>
>> Good luck there :)
>
> No joy. Changing xencons to tty, tty0, tty1 results in the console
> screen stopping output right after "Freeing unused kernel memory:"
>
> At least with xencons=hvc0 I got the complete output.

Hmm.. Ok, my mistake.
I now remember I set it to tty to solve the issue I wasn't seeing any
messages...
This is, btw, on the domU config, not the host :)

>> Hmm... I don't use kernel-modules in my Xen domu's (All are PV). I
>> wonder
>> if compiling them into the kernel might help.
>> Or, try loading the modules listed above and see if that helps. (Not
>> sure
>> if you can see an immediate change though)
>>

> Can't hurt to try, now that I've gotten a bootable kernel. Can always
> fallback to the previous one.

Let me know how that goes.

>> Please note, I do use the following kernel:
>> sys-kernel/xen-sources-2.6.34-r4
>>
>> Which kernel are you using?
>>

> hardened-sources-2.6.36-r9 IIRC
>
> Hmmmm... there are *lots* of options in your config that I don't see in
> mine.

Can you add a list of the ones you are missing?

> Could it be because of the "hardened" sources?

My guess is, because you're not having the xen-patchset in the kernel.
Can you try the xen-sources to see if that helps?
Then we can work our way through the missing options.