Mark Knecht (Fri, 25 Mar 2011 06:56:20 -0700):
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 2:50 AM, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 04:37:15 -0500, Dale wrote:
> >
> >> Out of curiosity, how long you, or someone else, been using python
> >> 2.7?
> >
> > I install 2.7 on August 10th and removed 2.6 on October 5th.
> >

> > --
> > Neil Bothwick
>
> Do you recollect whether you ran python-updater immediately after the
> 2.7 emerge, and do you remember whether you set 2.7 as your active
> version 2 python version before or after running python-updater?

My grain of salt of experience from yesterday:
1. emerged python 2.7 (upon a regular daily update)
2. eselect switch to 2.7
3. python-updater (rebuilt about 30 pkgs; all went fine, except pygtk
complained about something apparently minor)
4. re-emerge pygtk, just to be sure, this time it doesn't complain
5. unmerge 2.6
6. there are no traces to be found of python 2.6; everything works

FWIW, it went fine even on an x86 system, where python-2.7.1-r1 is still
~arch.

-rz