Hello,

I performed the system update today (emerge -uND @world), and now I get  errors
"One of the files in /etc/{conf.d,init.d} or /etc/rc.conf has a modification
time in the future!" at boot.

If I do
touch /tmp/tmp.file
find /etc -newer /tmp/temp.file

I get
/etc/
/etc/adjtime
/etc/mtab

Then I do
ls -l / | grep etc

and get
drwxr-xr-x 42 root root 4096 Mar 28     2011 etc

Evidently, there is no time of modification that should be the reason of the
error.

There is the same situation with /etc/adjtime and /etc/mtab (no time).

I tried to do
find /etc -newer /tmp/temp.file -exec touch {} \;

But it doesn't help. Dates appear but only till I reboot. After reboot I get
the same error and the same three elements - /etc/, /etc/adjtime, /etc/mtab -
have no time of modification anymore.

What can be the problem?

During the system update I updated 3 packages: dev-libs/mpfr,
media-fonts/dejavu, sys-apps/util-linux, recompiled 2: sys-apps/groff,
sys-kernel/gentoo-sources (added some flags), emerged mailx.

--
Regards,
Alex