On 03/27/11 21:54, Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 21:25:18 +0100, JM wrote:

You can allow it to install the masked packages by typing:

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge --update --deep world
That will update every package to the latest ~x86 version, and cause them
all to downgrade again the next time you emerge world. As this includes
packages that are both critical and hate being downgraded, like glibc,
this is a really bad idea.

You would have to really hate someone to want to put them through this.

Okay, I see your point. I don't make a habit of unmasking packages. However, as stated in my previous message, I can't get past the kde ~x86 updates to update other packages that might have valid stable updates. I don't care if kde updates to an unstable version, I would just like to get past it so I can see what else needs to be updated.

Regards,

Colleen

--

Registered Linux User #411143 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org