Hello users!

I am transitioning my infrastructure back-ends from Windows to Gentoo
Linux. The next server to be transitioned is our infrastructure
monitoring server.

Currently, we're using WebWatchBot. Its abilities that we use are:
- Monitoring Internet connection up/down (we have 4 Internet connections)
- Monitoring website (which we host on a 3rd party webhosting) by
searching for a keyword using HTTP
- Monitoring free space on other servers (mostly Windows-based, thuse
we use WMI)
- Monitoring services on Windows-based servers (again, WMI)
- Sending alerts to selected groups (PICs) when failure exceeds a
threshold (e.g., Systems group will receive alerts for their database
servers, Infrastructure group will receive all alerts)

Can you recommend a suitable monitoring system for Gentoo?

Thanks beforehand.

Rgds,

Pandu E Poluan - IT Optimizer
My website: http://pandu.poluan.info/