On Monday 04 April 2011 14:16:45 James wrote:
> Mark Shields <laebshade <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > The last guide recommends using raid0 on some
> > partitions; everytime I use LVM2, I use nothing
> > but raid1 partitions.  I'd rather have the full
> > raid1 than partial raid 1 + speed of raid0.
>
> Well Raid 1 only would be keen.
> Even swap as raid 1 ?
>
> There are actually 2 docs that cross
> reference each other. See my post to
> Mark's input...
>
> thx
> James

On my server, I use RAID-1 for swap as well. Why risk the system crashing
because half the swap dissappears suddenly because of a drive failure?

There actually is only 1 system that I use regularly with a RAID-0 partition.
And that machine is only used for virtual machines I use for testing. If that
one dies, worst that happens is I need to recreate the images. Not a big loss
for me.

--
Joost Roeleveld