Hi,

> Well, I have dm-crypt configured and running. It encrypts tha swap, a
> loopback for /tmp (with a random key), all this using the
> standard /etc/conf.d/cryptfs.
> Now I'd like to encrypt my home with a key instad of a passphrase, place
> that key on my pen drive after etcrypting it with a key, my questions are:
> - How do I generate the key ?

I have restricted my key to printable letters.
So an easy way to generate a key without uuencode or stuff is something like
this:
        cat /dev/random |sed -e "s/[^a-zA-Z0-9]//g"

> - How do I en/decrypt it ?

Encrypt your just generated key? I thought you wanted to get rid of
passphrases.
You can use the key like it is to en/decrypt your data by just putting it on
you pendrive and doing stuff with cryptsetup:

        cryptsetup -d <KEY-FILENAME> ...

HTH a little bit.

take care, have fun
/christian