On Sun, 7 Aug 2005, Fernando Meira wrote:

I could then end my emerge (eclipse). After the emerge I end-up with 805Mb free.

In fact, I have a 38GB disk on my laptop. My mistake was that I assumed that
gentoo was not so space-consuming. Now I'll have to make some modifications,
redo my partitions.

805Mb is not much but re-partitioning might not be the only answer if most of your system is installed already.

Look for PORTAGE_TMPDIR and DISTDIR in your /etc/make.conf. Point them to directories that are on a different partition. You can do the same for your PORTDIR (resync and delete the old tree after this).

app-admin/localepurge can also save you some space.

HTH
--
T.G.