On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 18:22:40 +0000
Alokat <mail...@alokat.org> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have some problems to get my headset to work.
>
> I have a snd_hda_intel soundcard and the output works
> pretty good - like watching videos etc pp.
>
> But Skype is not able to use my mic. I can hear myself in
> the speakers but for some reasons I can't use the mic for
> a skype phonecall.
>
> I have installed alsa after this documentation:
> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/alsa-guide.xml
>
> Alsaconf does not recognize my soundcard, but alsamixer
> works.
>
> Is there a special Kernelmodule I need to install?

I don't think so.

...module details snipped...

After installation of alsa none of the microphone channels
get captured (recorded) by default. Even when you can hear
them in the headset they do not get captured. Try the
following:

Alsamixer starts up and shows just the "Playback" channels.
To see what is getting captured press key "F4" when
alsamixer is running. This shows the "Capture" channels.
Then go to one of the microphone channels (maybe named
Capture or Capture 1), and press your space bar to toggle
the capturing.
There should appear the word "CAPTURE" in red letters below
the microphone channel. If capture is inactive then there
are white dashes (-------) below the channel.
You can activate all your microphone channels for capture.
Now you have your microphone captured, and can record sound
and use skype.
gnome-alsamixer is another graphical mixer, which I like
better then alsamixer.

If this does not work post the output of
amixer
here.

Urs