On 2011-05-05, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On 2011-05-05, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gen...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I don't know about the Sun templates in particular,
>>
>> They're a set of staroffice/openoffice templates that Sun made
>> publically available.
>>
>>> but most of the LibreOffice templates actually come in the form of
>>> Wizards. Open a new document and then click on File -> Wizards on the
>>> menu to access them.
>>
>> I also tried that -- and got nothing. ?None of the wizards do
>> anything at all.
>
> Hmm, they work fine on my system, using Libreoffice 3.3.2 (with
> -templates). I get the "Fruit Depot" letterhead etc. :)

I didn't enable Java support in Libreoffice, so that may be why the
wizards don't work.

> Looking at the config, I think it may only install the sun template
> pack for supported languages that are also in your LINGUAS. The sun
> packs are in en_US de it fr es hu.
>
> In my case, it is set to:
>
> LINGUAS="en en_US"

Mine is "en_US".  There are quite a few .ott files (329 to be exact),
but only two of them aren't underneath a directory named "wizard":

  $ equery files libreoffice | fgrep .ott | wc -l
  329

  $ equery files libreoffice | fgrep .ott | grep -v wizard
  /usr/lib/libreoffice/basis3.3/share/template/en-US/forms/resume.ott

/usr/lib/libreoffice/basis3.3/share/template/en-US/officorr/project-proposal.ott

It's sort of sad when you can't produce a business letter template
that's easy enough to use that it doesn't require "clippy" to step you
through it.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I joined scientology
                                  at               at a garage sale!!