Frank Schafer wrote:

Hi,

I've bought a new Acer TravelMate 2313. I've tried to install this
weekend.
Everything seemed to go fine but I don't have a network connection.

The NIC is a SiS 900 PCI fast ethernet adapter. Looking at ``dmesg''
there everything looks O.K. I see the driver loading, finding the card
and bringing the link up.

The lights on the NIC are both (continous) lighting. If I do an
``ifconfig eth0 down'' followed by an ``ifconfig eth0 up`` the lights
turn both off for about one second and then both on again.

Did you assign an address when you did "ifconfig eth0 up"? Or does your network use DHCP, and if so, did you run dhcpcd/dhclient to get an address?

The output of "ifconfig -a", "route -n", and "cat /etc/conf.d/net" might give us some more clues.

-Richard