On 16/5/2011, at 7:35am, Pandu Poluan wrote:
> * emerge --oneshot package will install package but does not record it in
> @world
>
> * To update a oneshot-ed package, I must either do it explicitly
> (emerge --update package) ...

Will this not cause the package to be recorded in world?

I think you update a oneshotted package with `emerge -1 package` (just the same
as you used to install it in the first place).

This probably doesn't arise very often, as you probably won't be updating
oneshotted packages very often. --oneshot is fairly strictly a temporary
solution - to fulfil a virtual in a certain way or just for testing how a
package behaves with or without a graphics lib installed. If you want the
package updated then you should record it in world.

Stroller.