Apparently, though unproven, at 08:43 on Wednesday 18 May 2011, Mick did opine
thusly:

> > Very last comment here:
> > http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/ticket/759
> > (ignore raster's anti-gentoo packager rants)
> >

> > Per your initial post, you have:
> >

> > [ebuild   R   ] dev-libs/eeze-1.0.0  USE="nls -doc -static-libs" 0 kB [0]
> >

> > I'm certain you forgot to unmask eeze when it first hit the overlay
>
> Yes!  That was it!
>
> I had unmasked it on the first machine, but not the second.  I am confused
> though, shouldn't it come back and tell me that ezee was required as a
> dependency and it was masked?

There's a bug in the ebuild:

$ equery depends eeze
 * These packages depend on eeze:
x11-wm/enlightenment-9999 (udev ? dev-libs/eeze)
                          (!hal ? dev-libs/eeze)
$

All other deps for efl packages specifically state version -9999 except this
one.

eeze is part of EFL and released as 1.0.0, so that dep is satisfied.

> Thank you very much!  :)
>
> PS. You didn't say if icons for USB sticks disappear from your desktop
> when  you unplug them.

Haven't used e17 much lately and almost never use icons on the desktop
(mount/umount in an xterm instead - old habit). But the google search that
found the thread above also found something that automounting was done by hal
in the past, that ehal is e17 code to interface with hal and it is
enabled/disabled at run time using detection routines. Plus a few other
snippets of info that led me to believe autodetection of devices doesn't work
reliably at this time without hal.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com