Hi All,

I installed inkscape-0.48.1-r1 on a x86 machine.  For a few
seconds/minutes after opening an svg image rendering is fast as
expected, but soon it gets bogged down to the point of seeing the
image being rendered in slow motion, a row at a time if e.g. I scroll
up or down the page.  Only 20% of RAM (of 3G total) is being used at
the time, so I'm guessing this could be something to do with the ATI
video card?

Other graphics apps open at the same time (e.g. Gimp) do not have such
problems rendering graphics (albeit not svg).

Before I post loads of info which may be unnecessary, have you come
across anything similar and how can I troubleshoot it?

PS.  I unmasked 0.48.1-r1 because 0.48.0 was even worse.
--
Regards,
Mick