On May 27, 2011, at 12:54 PM, Maxim Vorontsov wrote:

> I look how to create a RAID10. I understood correctly I must first
> create two RAID0 device for one RAID1? Or is simple command for
> creation RAID10 on 4 disks?
>
> I dont find answer for this on gentoo.org or raid.wiki.kernel.org.

Linux does have a specialized "raid10" class if you use md. See the manpage and
other documentation for mdadm and of course double-check the device names you
want, but this is what I have done in the past:

# create the array
mdadm -C /dev/md2 -l 10 -c 128 -n 4 /dev/sd[c-f]

# add it to the config
mdadm --examine --scan | grep md2 >> /etc/mdadm.conf

JN